It is a strange thing for all sorts of reasons, and certainly when we got a call from Matt Hensley, who said his tour manager Dan McKay from Canada (who also lives in LA) started making hand made and really high end cruiser boards called Finless Skatebard Co.
They are a total retro throwback to a surfing era, when surfing in Waikiki was essentially the same thing as cruising down the boardwalk on a longboard or a cruiser.
Finless are hand crafted with the best material available and included is handwritten serial number and detail regarding each board, in the same design and spirit as custom surfboards are made.
Whether you're a seasoned pro or just looking for a comfy cruise, The Duke will make you feel like you're gliding the rolling waves of Waikiki. Suited up with reverse trucks to cut back on sharp turns, The Duke is comfy yet agile. The grip is embedded into the eco finish on all Finless boards, which means you can ride this shred stick barefoot.
Duke Longboard Info;
• Dimensions: L – 38” x W – 9”
• Wheel Base: 26.5"
• Wood: Top/Bottom Sheets are Mahogany, Maple, dyed poplar
• The core of this board is 7 ply Rock Hard Canadian Maple
• Shape: Slight concave
• Grip: Recycled crushed clear glass
• Wheels: Finless custom urethane, 64 mm / 80a duro
• Bearings: Independent GP-S bearings
• Trucks: 180 mm Reverse Kingpin V3 Paris Trucks 50 degrees
CCMD Cruiser Info;
• Dimensions: L – 28” x W – 9.25”
• Wheel base: 14.75”
• Wood: top/bottom sheets are padauk, maple, dyed poplar
• The core of this board is 7 ply rock hard Canadian maple
• Shape: kicktail, and slight nose
• Grip: recycled crushed clear glass
• Wheels: Finless custom urethane, 65 mm / 80a duro
• Bearings: Rx medical grade green steel bearings
• Trucks: 150 mm reverse kingpin Paris Truck Co.™ 50 degrees